Uncertainty

The next big step was to face a surgical biopsy. We needed a diagnosis to start a treatment.

Since all this began I had a strong feeling that my whole world as I knew it was torn apart, that everything I had built was suddenly falling apart. All my inner structures, everything I took for granted was swept away like in a mud avalanche. My life was turned upside down. Uncertainty ruled at that point and death was something that might not only happen to others.

As a consequence of this tsunami of feelings I started to reflect on some very profound issues, at least for me. I felt naked facing the future and I needed to put myself together. There was no choice other than dealing with whatever came and I decided to give the best of me for that.

>> Chapter 04: The surgery

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers