Circle of love

Everything was getting dark around me. I was trapped in this darkness that started to destroy my entire world. At that point my main concern was how to face my family and friends with this news, in case the worst-case scenario of a malign tumor was confirmed. I feared they wouldn’t be able to cope with it and that it would break them apart. They were the most important people in my life. I felt guilty.

First of all I told my friend Georgina. Second, my parents and brother. One by one, the news spread. This was how a giant circle of love and energy was built. It was spontaneous and magical, a supportive network that held me and gave me strength to face the worst demons.

Today I know that circle of love was key to my healing.

>> Chapter 03: Uncertainty

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers